It’s incredible how many people say they’d like to get fitter and live a healthier lifestyle, but aren’t quite sure where to start. That’s where we come in. The Root of Body + Mind Wellness offers a variety of services and the positive reinforcement you need so that you can concentrate on reaching all of your health and wellness goals. Take a look at some of the services we offer below, and get in touch with us if you have any questions.
If you are ready to dive in deeper by getting to the root cause of your pain and/or stress. Book a Free Discovery Coaching Call
What To Expect From Your Massage Treatment
If you are a first-time client, we need to know more about you, so you need to complete our INTAKE FORM which will arrive in your e-mail. It's a five-minute process and it’s necessary for us to understand any medical issues. Massage is very invasive and any physical malady may cause contraindications that could be detrimental to your health. The Therapist will then review your information before we begin treatment. This helps us determine how to fine-tune your particular treatment.
A 6 x 9 or the size of a twin bed amount of space is required
Mat Based Massage is a clothed treatment Please wear loose comfortable clothing (t-shirt, tank top, sports bra, shorts, athletic paints) that will allow for movement.
TRY AN ENHANCEMENT (50% OFF)
As a first-time client, we want you to experience all we have to offer, so you can pick as many of our enhancements as you want at 50% off on your first visit. These are great treatments, like Hot Stones, Dynamic Cupping, CBD Treatments, Biofreeze, and more.
- We will ask you if there are any areas where you would like to focus. Go over Intake and Assessment.
- If there are areas you do not work i.e. stomach, scalp, or face, please let your massage therapist know.
- If this is a repeat massage visit, we will refer to notes taken during your last treatment
- After your intake and interview, you’re ready to RELAX.
The Therapist is clear about what type of treatment to deliver and how to modify it to meet your needs. Throughout the treatment, you will be asked about pressure, etc. to make sure we are not too deep or too light. Some pain is good with certain types of therapy, think of a nice stretch but always let us know what you are feeling.
- After your treatment is complete, Your therapist will let you know when the treatment is finished.
- After your massage treatment, we advise you to sit up slowly. You may experience slight light-headedness due to changes in circulation, heart rate blood pressure.
- The therapist will show you some after-treatment exercises or suggest using any products that you can use on your own. Self-treatment is a good way to maintain the benefits of our type of massage.
- After each session, the Therapist will make notes in your intake record. We use these to track your progress and also if you wish to contact your insurance carrier, we can supply them this information for reimbursement.
- We will accept your payment and any gratuity and schedule your next appointment.
How Often Should I Come For A Massage?
In a perfect world, you should get a massage every week. However, if time does not allow, plan a massage once a month.
Let’s say you have chronic pain underneath your shoulder blade. You may need three over the course of 10-14 days until the pain is under control and you gain better mobility in those areas. Your massage therapist will recommend when you should return for your next session.
If you've received enough pain relief from several massage sessions and you feel you are functioning at your best, schedule your follow-up massage appointment next month. View massage as a maintenance tactic in managing your health and stress levels.